Grimm Ideas


One of the briefs I am currently working on is the Puffin children's prize for this year's Penguin Design Awards. The brief is to redesign the cover for the classic Grimm's Fairy Tales by Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm, targeting a new generation of readers and encouraging both children and adults to revisit it time after time.

Over the past couple of weeks I have been playing around with a couple of ideas, using key items and phrases from each tale as my starting point. I wish to incorporate imagery from every tale told by the brothers into the one design. Above shows my initial sketches for the brief which I am now developing into my final piece. Really pleased so far with how it is coming together and I plan on completely hand illustrating to give it a personal touch and emphasise the different textures of the image.

No comments

Post a Comment