Last of the Summer Bloom


With September well underway Summer in Britain is winding down – the sunny days are turning cool and the nights are drawing in. Although I love the crisp Autumn tones and the excuse to add another jumper to my wardrobe, I'm a Summer baby through and through. I am the person who secretly wishes the weather reports for an October heatwave to be true but it's not all doom and gloom in the coming months. There's still something to be said about the joy of the run up to the festive season and I can't be the only one to have a soft spot for being able to curl up by the fire with a good book or film on a cold night, right?

For me, the word Summer has always been associated with taking a holiday. Even when it was only a couple of hours away, being away from home, somewhere new to explore was what the Summer months were all about. And this Summer I made sure I did just that. I've always had itchy feet but the last 18 months has been the first time in my life where my travels have been dictated by myself (and my fella), meaning I have already widened my eyes to places I never thought I'd visit.

I feel really lucky to have had the chance to to go abroad so much this last year and I put that down to the wake-up call I experienced before Christmas. It really hit me how important our life is and this year I took ownership of it, making changes where I wasn't happy and taking a moment to appreciate all of the things we take for granted. Even though I still have one more holiday planned and my Summer still won't be over for another month yet, I'm hoping you'll be able to join me along the way, by following my TRAVELOGUE and inspire you to do the things you've always dreamed of doing. Life is hard work but if we really want something, then we'll work ourselves tirelessly to get there or at least know we've tried our best.


Peony HERE | Strawberry HERE

No comments

Post a Comment