Day Out: Kingsbury Water Park


There's nothing I love more about the seasons changing than being able to get outdoors (without the need for twenty layers of clothes) and somewhere locally that I like to go to is Kingsbury Water Park. With 15 lakes set in 600 acres of country park, I'm really fortunate to live within 10 minutes of the place and although it still doesn't beat the coastline, on a warm, sunny day it's pretty spectacular.


Armed with half a loaf of stale bread and some hot cross buns (birds deserve treats too), we headed straight to the main lake beyond the Lake View playground and started making some feathery friends. It's great to be able to get up so close and personal with the wildlife but you definitely have to keep your eyes peeled for the pesky geese – I'm convinced they can smell bread a mile off!


This Summer I want to make the most of places like Kingsbury Water Park, places that are local and either don't cost a thing or just a small fee for parking. We have such a beautiful country filled with so much history and it would be a shame to waste the Summer away spending it indoors when we could be exploring.

I have a list of places that I'd like to take Dan to once the weather gets even better, so you may just be seeing a few more of these posts later on in the year!



No comments

Post a Comment