Stamp Series: Egypt


The last couple of days I've been busy packing my suitcase ready for mine and Dan's holiday to Egypt. We leave tomorrow and I'm about 90% excited and 10% anxious. I've heard many horror stories of people who have been ill whilst they've been there and although I'm armed with a bag full of medicine, I'm still a bit wary about it (and will no doubt also spend the holiday being super careful to avoid any mishaps). There's also been some trouble in Cairo the last few months so we're both still unsure as to whether we'll even be able to see the Pyramids – I'll be totally bummed if we can't!

I've had a fascination with ancient Egyptian culture ever since the first The Mummy film came out and at one point even had my own hieroglyphics stamp set courtesy of my parents. My fingers are crossed until we get there in the hope we can see a bit of Egyptian history but for now, I'm in my last panic of making sure I've got everything packed.

Also, look out for next week's stamp in the Stamp Series!

No comments

Post a Comment