Practise Makes Perfect


I've been spending this long Easter bank holiday weekend practising my new years resolution to draw more, draw better. I dusted down my graphics tablet and have been trying to get the hand of using it. I've been designing with the use of a trackpad and a mouse for several years now so to pick up a pen, it's going to take some time to get used to it. In order to push myself as a designer I need to get out of my comfort zone and widen my skill set, as well as opening myself up to a new style and technique when it comes to drawing on the tablet.

Above was from a practise session on Friday, using the tablet and playing with a couple of new fonts. I'm pleased with the outcome but I do find it tricky to get the pen to react to how I want at times. Hopefully over time it will get a little easier to use but for now, I'm just going to keep trying.

If you've got any tips for designing with a graphics tablet or know of any useful tutorials, leave me a comment below!

No comments

Post a Comment