15 | 52: I Love the Smell of


For me, nothing beats the smell of freshly baked bread so I had to choose this as my words for week 15 of the #52handlettered project. I have always been a huge lover of bread, freshly baked, hot straight out of the oven with a large dollop of butter. It's one of life's simple pleasures and although I've been trying to cut down on the amount I eat for the last year, I just can't resist the smell.

I quite like the dry brush effect on this piece and would like to try using a dryer brush in one of the other prompts for the project. Also I'm really pleased with how the 'B' came out! One thing that didn't really work for this piece is the lack of counter for the 'e' making it quite hard to read the letter. Other than that, I really like this piece and think it works well with the photo. 

I'm really enjoying this project so far and can't wait to get cracking on the next two prompts for April, something I noticed today and my signature style.


No comments

Post a Comment