Visual Studies

This was a class that I took as part of my BTEC National Diploma in Art & Design at college. Although it was a couple of years ago now I still think about it and how much I loved every single class. I used to wish that we'd have a whole day in the studio instead of a couple of hours once a week.

Drawing has always been a part of me, but I feel that those couple of hours a week I used to get really helped to develop my skills. I learnt that speeding up my drawing process made for a more interesting and different style of illustration which I still put into practice and use in my work today. It was also the place where I had my first ever life drawing experience.

My favourite pieces are two illustrations I did on the skeleton.

Black ink and hot wax // Acrylic paint, pastels, conté and charcoal.

1 comment